In the first of what will hopefully be a series of guest blogs, the amazing Lucy from Caro Events talks all about why having an on the day coordinator is the best way to ensure that your wedding day runs smoothly.
So, you’re engaged and starting to plan your wedding – it’s very exciting! Maybe you’re thinking of putting a marquee up in your garden for a really personal day; or perhaps you’re considering using a dry hire venue where you need to source all the suppliers yourself; or maybe you’ve got a completely blank canvas area that you want to transform into something completely unique. Whatever you decide to do, I would highly recommend hiring an on-the-day wedding coordinator (that’s me!), and here are some reasons why:
- I can meet you at the venue prior to your wedding to run through the schedule and layout for the day.
- I can produce a timeline of events and a floor-plan for all suppliers.
- You can benefit from my knowledge and experience in the industry, as I can take care of any last-minute details and ensure that nothing has been missed.
- I can be of assistance in the weeks leading up to the wedding, confirming final details with suppliers and making any last-minute arrangements.
- I can help to set-up decor and props prior to or on the morning of the big day.
- You can spend the morning of your wedding enjoying getting ready with a glass of fizz in hand, whilst I can be meeting and liaising with the suppliers and ensuring everything is ready for your arrival.
- I can manage the running order for the day, so you relax and enjoy being with your guests without worrying about everything happening on time or in the right order.
- Your parents, Maid/Matron of Honour and friends will also be able to relax, happy in the knowledge that someone else if on-hand to deal with any last-minute problems (trust me, they will thank you for this!)
- This is a budget-friendly alternative to hiring a full wedding planner, and it still gives you complete control.
- Some venues provide an event coordinator, but they are usually the person who you liaise with at the venue to make arrangements and discuss timings for the day; they won’t necessarily be on-hand to contact the photographer if they’ve not arrived or let the band know when they need to start performing.
- If you are having a dry-hire venue, marquee or private residence wedding there will be no event coordinator provided by the venue, so I can help you bring everything together on the day.
- You will also have access to my Emergency Wedding Kit, full of goodies and essentials that you might need on your big day.
Hiring an on-the-day coordinator still gives you the full control of planning your wedding yourself, without having to deal with any of the stress on the day. After spending so much time (and money!) planning it, you should relax and enjoy your day, knowing that someone else is taking care of everything.
To get in touch with Lucy head over to www.caroevents.co.uk or find her on Facebook and Instagram @caroeventsuk.